Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Well obviously I have gotten my results now. They aren't too bad, considering all things... What things? Well, mon amie, I have no idea! Hahaha. Welcome to my weird little world...
My results are: A1 for English, Science (shock), Combined Humanities (double shock), B4 for Chinese, B3 for Math, and... C5 for English Lit (NOW this is THE supermario shock).
So my l1r5 is 15. Lalala plus my CCA bonus point, voila 14 points. So I can go to a not-bad JC... and my mom's boss actually wants me to go to that particular JC which I will not name.
But I am not going to a JC. Yours truly has decided to honour the polytechnics. Mass Communications at Ngee Ann.
I got 9 points for my L1R4 or whatever that score you need to enter a particular course at a poly is called and last year's cut-off was 11 so I supposed that I
am going there.
Well that's great and all. I actually want to go into psychology - at Temasek poly - but surprise of all surprises, my family wants me to take mass comm instead! I mean, don't they want a Dr. Chan in their family??? Okay, let's see, my papa is a Creative Director (methinks... well it's something like one anyway), my mama is a VP and my sis will be a lawyer slash cakeshop owner. No-ope. No Drs. Whatever.
So, they all started screaming at me when I said I was going to put psych for my first choice!!! You would've thought I said I was going to put my name down for a mixed gender boarding school in England that wants you to pay 70000 pounds a year or something!!! I got really mad and started shaking madly... But I kept it in, I guess. Really in. I blasted Tokio Hotel and The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus loudly and ignored them when they spoke. But seriously what kinda parent wants their kid to take Mass Comm instead of psychology when they have a pretty good chance of getting into that course???
Okay, can't obsess anymore about the oddities of my family. Anyway MC is my first choice. They win, dadadah whatever.
What I will obsess about now... The oddities of friends/aquaintances/etc. When I told them I was going to poly... they all did a freaky thing.
They came really close and stuck their faces into mine and went, 'Why? But why?'
Pour-quoi? Mais pour-quoi? [sorry, I think the best way to learn a language is to use it constantly. I'll stop... when I can ask for a cup of tea, plus a napkin, and more ice in French. Joke, joke! But you know what I mean, don't you? You can't be so very stupid...]
Switchfoot concert tomorrow! And I am going. Mosh pit, I think? *shrugs*
BTW, I love Tokio Hotel.
Correction: I love the Kaulitz twins.
Recorrection: Well actually their music isn't bad! I love 'Monsoon', 'Rette Mich', and 'On the Edge'. And I love the Kaulitz twins. In fact I love them so much I have learnt how to say 'you sick f***' in German.
i thought the world of you
10:45 PM